Testing for Lead in Paint, Dust, Soil & Water
Lead Paint as a health hazard
Lead was used in paint to make paint more durable and to last longer. People can get lead in their bodies by ingesting material containing lead or even by absorbing lead dust through their skin. For children, who are prone to putting things in their mouth, the hazards are everywhere - window sills, doors, stairs, railings, banisters, porches and fences. Lead dust is barely visible and can get on almost anything. Children are particularly susceptible to poising because their bodies absorb more lead than adults and their brains and nervous system are more sensitive to the damaging effects of leads.
Lead testing in paint, dust, soil & water
At GAC, our licensed professionals will test all surfaces for lead hazard. Testing includes: collecting information on the age and history of the dwelling, information on occupancy by children under the age of six , and an overall visual inspection of potential lead hazards by licensed and trained professional. If lead is found, there are many abatement options available that include removal, encapsulation, repair and enclosure. Take the next step towards protecting yourself and your family.
Call our offices to schedule a lead-based paint assessment and inspection.
- Lead exposure can harm young children and babies even before they are born
- People can get lead in their bodies by breathing or swallowing lead dust, or by eating soil or paint chips with lead in them
- A lead paint inspection can identify all areas of concern before problems arise
- There are many options available for reducing lead hazards
- Removing lead-based paint improperly can increase the danger to you and your family